Elinchrom has announced a firmware update for its Transmitter PRO — formerly named Skyport Plus HS — that brings support for its ELB 500 TTL for Sony and Olympus cameras.
Firmware version 2.1 for Sony and Olympus now includes TTL, High Speed Sync (HSS) and Hi-Sync (HS) functionality when used with the ELB 500 TTL. These features, which are described in detail on Elinchrom’s website, bring more robust creative control to Sony and Olympus camera systems. Now, Canon, Nikon, Sony and Olympus users can all take full advantage of Elinchrom’s different flash modes.
Below is a full list of the release notes for firmware version 2.10 for Sony and Olympus (Canon and Nikon are on firmware version 2.20):
- Skyport Plus HS is now named Transmitter PRO.
- 2 modes are available: Manual, compatible with all Elinchrom units, and TTL for the ELB 500 TTL.
- Swapped position of unit selection and modeling light feature on main dashboard.
- Improved menu ergonomics – access features in the setup menu with the wheel and setting selection is clearer.
- Automatic switch to HS mode – the camera’s shutter speed dictates which mode is activated.
- Possibility to display power in F-Stops or Ws.
- Unit name or unit ID can now be displayed.
Elinchrom also notes in the press release that Fujifilm users ‘will soon be rewarded for their wait.’ According to Elinchrom, the Transmitter PRO for Fujifilm will be available in September 2018.